I know we’re already a week into the new year and I’m not really sure that goals is the right word for here (resolutions? aspirations? to-do list?), but here we go… 15 things I’m hoping to get done in 2013.
1. Redo the upstairs bathroom.
2. Figure out how to do a container vegetable garden.
3. Put some art/photos up on the walls… living room, hallway, bedroom… anywhere!
4. Read 12 books. (I feel like this number is pretty lame for most people, but I rarely make the time to read and the list of books I want to read keeps getting longer and longer. One a month seems like a good start without being too overwhelming.)
5. Do more yoga. I’m not really one for yoga classes, but I have several DVDs that I actually really enjoy. I think I’d like to start getting up and doing yoga in the mornings before work a few times a week.
6. Take a beach vacation. Hopefully Jamaica, but Puerto Rico is an option if we can’t get our passports renewed in time.
7. Focus at work. I get my job done and I do it well, but I know that there are all kinds of opportunities out there that I’m just letting pass me by. This is the year I want to stop coasting and really start making things happening and taking the next step in my career.
8. Take advantage of living in DC. There are so many awesome things to do around here, but we rarely do any of it unless we have visitors in town. Tops on my list… the re-done National Museum of American History.
9. Look into taking up our awkward deck and putting in a stone patio. (This may end up being a project for next year, but I want to at least see how much time and money this is going to involve.)
10. Look into moving the sliding glass door to the backyard to the dining room. (Again, likely a project for next year, so just want to look into this for now.)
11. Make photobooks — honeymoon, 2011 and 2012 yearbooks.
12. Decide whether we want to make our own wedding album or pay our photographer to do it. Then get it done.
13. Declutter and donate/sell/toss items we don’t use… especially those that have stayed in boxes since we’ve moved.
14. Figure out a cleaning schedule. Related: decide whether we want to hire a cleaning service.
15. Go to bed earlier.