Well, good thing I decided to do monthly goals rather than year-long goals, because February was a total BUST.
1. Blog more. I wrote five posts. FIVE. And one of them was a post about what my February goals are. Sheesh, that is terrible.
2. Work out 4 times a week, including 1 day of strength training. I ran about 2-3 times a week (way less than I should have for my half marathon training) and did ZERO days of strength training all month. BUT! I purchased a Groupon for a boot camp class that I am going to do in April, so maybe that’s something. (It really isn’t something.)
3. Do LAPS — 10 lunges, 10 abs (crunches), 10 push-ups, 10 squats — every day. I can count the number of times I did LAPS on one hand.
4. Plan a vacation. Oh my god, we couldn’t even do this one! With this whole house-hunting thing in fully swing, it seems kind of irresponsible to plan a vacation when we don’t know when we’ll have to move.
5. Take vitamins every day. I did okay, not great. Probably the best of all five goals though.
And now for March! I’m keeping it short this month…
1. Try to tackle several of my 101 things in 1001 days. Well, those 1001 days sure went by faster than I expected! Day 1001 is March 24, and there is no way I’ll be able to finish in time, but I do plan to try to finish them all some day! I have 33 left, so I am 2/3 of the way done. I wonder how many more I’ll be able to knock out by March 24.
2. Read a book. My book club doesn’t seem to be meeting any more, so I need to motivate myself to actually read. (So sad, but after reading for work all day, sometimes the last thing I want to do when I get home is look at more words.) I have two books sitting on my coffee table waiting for me – The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie and The Hunger Games.
3. Do one non-running workout per week. I need to branch out here, so I don’t get burned out after my half marathon. Lots of options – spinning, yoga, strength training. I just need to mix it up.
Here’s to a fantastic March! Yay, birthday month!