Happy New Year!
I am really excited for 2012. As I mentioned last month, this year I’m planning on setting monthly goals rather than year-long resolutions.
First up, a recap of my December goals:
1. Work out 4 times a week. Uh, nope. Not at all.
2. Bake three types of Christmas cookies.I overachieved here – I made four! GF/DF peanut butter cookies, GF/DF peppermint oreos (wanted to make sure my GF/DF friend got some goodies!), gingersnaps, and two types of chocolate chip cookies out of the same batch (white chocolate + cranberry and chocolate + dried cherry).
3. Be in bed by 10pm on “school nights.” I didn’t do this 100%, but I did get into bed at 10pm much more often than usual.
4. Do LAPS – 10 lunges, 10 abs (crunches), 10 push-ups, 10 squats – every day. I was doing so great with this (last two weeks of November, plus first 10 days of December), and then I somehow tweaked my back and took two days off. Once I fell out of the habit of doing it every day, I ended up doing it 16 times this month.
Not great, but not too bad either. But that’s why I started a month early, right?
And now onto January’s goals!
1. Don’t eat out in January (except for unavoidable work-related events and special events). Adam and I did this last January, too. It actually felt really good to eat at home after all of the sugar, booze, and general binge-fests between Thanksgiving and New Year’s. This includes restaurants, coffee shops, and just grabbing a snack at a convenience store. It does not include eating at a friend’s house or getting food from a grocery store salad bar. The only event on my agenda for the month is book club tomorrow, but there’s no way I’m going to finish the book before then, so I think I’m going to pass anyway.
2. Work out 4 times a week. Gonna give this one another shot. I’m in the middle of half marathon training, so I should be getting in at least four workouts a week anyway.
3. Be in bed by 10pm on “school nights.” Trying this one again, too. I’d really like this to routinely be my new bedtime. It might be a bit harder this month with working out every day after work, but we’re trying to plan all our meals to be pretty quick to throw together during our training so we’re not eating at 9pm every night.
4. Do LAPS – 10 lunges, 10 abs (crunches), 10 push-ups, 10 squats – every day. Yup, doing this one again, too. It should be easy… I just need to DO it.
5. Take vitamins every day. I go in spurts with being good about taking vitamins. With spending more time at the gym and cold and flu season coming on, now is a really good time to get back into the habit of taking them regularly.