Here are three things you might not know about me (or, if you are friends with me in real life, you’re probably thinking… DUH!):
1. I am shy and very nervous about meeting new people. (Usually there is a lot of awkward stammering and awkward too loud talking/awkward silences and awkward laughter and, well, just more general awkwardness.)
2. I am often irrationally afraid of trying new things.
3. I get anxious driving somewhere I’ve never been before. (Added bonus fact: I also get anxious driving in bad weather.)
Given the above, no one is more surprised than me that I accepted Caitlin’s (who I’ve never met in person before) offer to go to a Zumba class (that I’ve never done before) in her neighborhood (in an area I’ve never driven to before) on a rainy Wednesday night.
But I am so glad I did!
1. It was so great to finally meet Caitlin in person! (And, actually, I was not at all as shy/nervous/awkward as I usually am!)
2. Zumba was a lot of fun, even though by the time I finally caught onto one move, we were on the next one. But I didn’t trip over my own two feet! Well… not enough to fall on my face, which is what counts. Success! I’m bummed that we had to miss the first 15 minutes of the class, because…
3. Traffic sucked. It took me an hour and a half to go 18 miles. I hate rush hour in this area SO FREAKING HARD.
Well, two out of three isn’t bad.